5.12.07

Blast Off!

It hasn't happened yet, but when the word blaster or blast is mentioned it reminded me of when I was young. Yes I am really old, old enough to remember watching Dixon of Dock Green on one of those newly fangled television sets. A sign of old age is you start to ramble slightly and go off track. My home help , who helps me blog, has reminded me "tell them about Sunday School".

When I attended Sunday School at a 'fundie evangelical church' one of the choruses they sang was

The Blast Off Song
10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,
Blast Off

Somewhere in outer space
God has prepared a place
For those who trust Him and obey
Jesus will come again
And though we don't know when
The countdown's getting lower every day.

CHORUS:
10 and 9, 8 and 7, 6 and 5 and 4,
Call upon the Savior while you may,
3 and 2, coming through the clouds in bright array
The countdown's getting lower every day.

Jesus was crucified, suffered and bled he died,
But on the cross He did not stay
He made this promise true, I will come back for you,
The countdown's getting lower every day.

CHORUS

Soon will the trumpet sound, and we’ll rise off the ground
With Christ forever will we be
Children where will you be, throughout eternity?
The countdown’s getting lower everyday!

As I'm really old and don't have long to live and because I believe in 'eternal security' from my investigations and from studying the Scriptures I know I'll go to heaven when I die. Heaven will probably look something like this.


The people in heaven with me, they are all a bunch of?

3 comments:

grannymar said...

What else did they teach you?

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

David Todd said...

Grannymar,there is a story I'll tell you [sometime] about what I was taught and who the teacher was and what the teacher did.But thankfully the teacher never did it to me.